Beverly Square West
In 1898, architect Thomas Benton Ackerson had a dream to found a community of large spacious houses, no two alike, with lawns, stained glass windows and fireplaces. He purchased Catherine Lott’s farm and named it Beverly Square West. The development originally consisted of about 125 free-standing homes, several of which were later torn down when Public School 139 was expanded.The Beverly Square West Neighborhood Association recently celebrated its 100th Anniversary with a big bash. Beverly Square West enjoys a strong sense of community and plans weekly walks throughout the neighborhood, modeled after Italian neighborhood walks.For information about the neighborhood visit their website at www.beverlysquarewest.org.